- #: 32636
- Price: free ($0.00) In Apple Store
- Category: Games
- Updated: 2011-03-30
- Current Version: 1.5
- 1.5 (iOS 4.0 Tested)
- Size: 56.40 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Craig Smith
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.0 or later
- © 2008-2010 Craig Smith
Add to Favorite apps
[*Warning* Playing Frotz involves reading, thinking, and typing. If you just want to blow stuff up, this is not the app for you.]If you have suggestions for improving Frotz or encounter bugs, please go to the support link and report them. I have no…..
What's New in Version 1.5
* Improved UI - The interface has been improved and refined, particularly on the iPad.
* Recently Played Stories - Frotz now keeps track of your most recently played stories at the top of the Story List.
* Note taking - Swipe left while playing any story to view a note-taking area for that story.
* View/Edit Story Details - Frotz now has authors, descriptions, and artwork for all built-in stories and can link back to the full IFDB entry for each.
* Dropbox support - Frotz now supports synchronizing saved games with Dropbox, so you can seamlessly play on multiple devices.
* Bookmarks in Story Browser - You can now bookmark individual pages in the IFDB browser.
* More bundled games added from IFDB - Includes an updated IFDB snapshot with more recent well-rated works.
* Miscellaneous bug fixes - Fixed Bluetooth keyboard support, status line/text resizing bugs, and various other minor bugs.
Rated 4/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Great App: Great Value
Before using Frotz I was not a fan of text adventures. But now that I can take these games anywhere, I am a convert! The app itself is very good. A slick and simple interface allows you to quickly and easily navigate and select your games. The ability to change font, font size, and color means that you will always be able to find a viewing style that suits you. Its also very easy on the battery. The games that Frotz comes with were mostly very good and the story browser allows you too get many, many more. They downloaded very quickly on my iPod touch 4g. Because of the ability to download games from the story browser and add games from your computer, you can potentially have endless hours of gameplay. All of this on a completely free app(there isn't even a single ad!) makes Frotz one of the greatest deals that you will ever come across. The only way it could be improved upon is if it had support for early graphical games as well. A must download for sure.
Zork on my iPod touch. 'nuff said.
Great interpreter, hard to add games
The interpreter is really great. If you like IF, even a little, this app is well worth the price of free. I've had few bugs or crashes, and it runs well even on my aging iPod Touch 1G. The bundled games are great, but it's hard to add your own. Dropbox sync is a great feature, though, since now you can share your games with your desktop (a must for me) and it has become easier (but still not a snap) to add new stuff.
Verdict: download it, play with it, learn to love IF.
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes